Kavo Diagnodent Pen
The LASER fluorescence technology of the DIAGNOdent pen provides reliable results and supports safe and reliable caries diagnosis.
This allows for early detection of fissure and proximal caries. Thanks to the proven reproducibility, the DIAGNOdent pen can also be used to monitor the development of caries. With the Perio probe, you can also detect plaque in the gingival pockets.
Caries diagnosis – Highlights and benefits for you
- Simple diagnosis: Children and adolescents in particular have fissure caries in nearly 80% of all cases which can be detected more easily with DIAGOdent pen
- Easy detection of the “iceberg” syndrome: 90 % of caries is within the proximal area – they will be detected with the diagnostic devices DIAGNOdent pen
- Simple early detection: Fissure caries, proximal caries and calculus, are detected in good time, resulting in fewer subsequent interventions
- Simply more safety: Optimum support for the dentist’s eye and for X-ray images – the DIAGNOdent pen detects infected and affected tissue in almost every case
- Simply improved patient loyalty: Thanks to the gentle and safe support of your diagnosis, your patients enjoy returning for treatment and will recommend your practice to others
Recommend therapy: fissure caries and smooth surface caries*
|0 – 12||Normal prophylaxis (such as fluoride toothpaste)|
|13 – 24||Intensive prophylaxis (e.g. fluoridation, remineralisation)|
|> 25||Minimally invasive restorative procedures. Composite filling materials and intensive prophylaxis (e.g. remineralisation, Air Abrasion, SONICflex micro) conventional restoration with large lesions, depending on risk assessment and findings.|
The DIAGNOdent pen offers the advantage of measuring fluorescence deep within the fissure pattern, since LASER light easily penetrates the enamel and is reflected by even the smallest lesion.
Recommend therapy – Proximal caries*
|0 – 7||Normal prophylaxis (e.g. fluoridation, remineralisation)|
|8 – 15||Intensive prophylaxis (such as fluoridation, KaVo HealOzone)|
|> 16||Minimally-invasive restorative procedures. Composite filling materials and intensive prophylaxis (e.g. remineralisation, Air Abrasion, SONICflex micro)|
The DIAGNOdent pen makes it possible
The perio probe of the DIAGNOdent pen, detects calculus more thoroughly than conventional probes. Cleaning becomes less invasive because only those regions are cleaned where calculus actually exists.
|< 5||Clean gingival pockets|
|4 – 40||Little residual calculus remains, or calculus is located at the extremity of, or just beyond the probe tip‘s effective scanning range|
|> 40||Calculus in gingival pockets|